How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18663
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had two failed back surgeries, the last one a fusion

Customer Question

I have had two failed back surgeries, the last one a fusion with two metal plates and 4 screws. I live in constant pain. I am a patient at a pain specialist clinic. The CDC is FORCING him to lower my opioid medication from 100milligrams per day to 20 milligrams per day. Up until two monyhs ago, he would prescribe 15- 5 milligram valiums as needed per month for muscle spasms. Ordinary mucle spasm medication (cyclobenzapin?) does not work. It just gives me medicine head. He is now afraid of the CDC because they (CDC) is trying to stop the use of methadone as a chronic pain medication. I don't want to become dependent on valium too but, somedays I just can't function. I still work. I am a builder and need to work. Is it possible and legal to get a small amount of valium from an online physician? My specialist will not prescribe even a small amount per month since the new CDC "guideline". Thank you!
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take 70 milligrams methadone per day for chronic pain. % years ago I was prescribed 160 milligrams per day. I have reduced myself to 100 milligrams per day. As of 4 months ago, my specialist is reducing me 10 mgs per month until down to 20 mgs per day as pf the new CDC "guideline" or face licensure revocation. I need to work. It will take 3 years to get S.S.disability, IF I even get it. It is in my medical history that I have two surgeries that fall into the "failed back surgery syndrome". I don't care what they call it. I amin pain daily. I do not have a low pain toleranc. I have climbed all overhomes that I have built for over 30 years in95 degree weather and so forth.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take carevedilol 12.5 mgtwice daily for elevated blood pressure. I do not take illicit drugs or drink any alcohol. If I can not get help I amconsidering trying CBD oil without the THC as it is Illegal in NC.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. I am sorry that you are having so much pain.

No, it is not legal for a doctor to prescribe any controlled substance over the internet because it would be a violation of federal law.