Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Live in STL. Very windy this week. Left ear has been popping

Customer Question

Live in STL. Very windy this week. Left ear has been popping since being out in the wind. Just noticed swollen gland behind ear. Is this an ear ache? Never had one so I don't know symptoms. Don't want to go to MedStop or ER. I'm sure this is minor. Thank you so very, very much. Happy New Years.
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever? Thanks. Same to you!
Customer: No fever, coughing, sore throat or dizziness.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No allergies, cancer or other diseases. I am 68 years old. Good health according to primary.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for waiting. Do you have symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat etc? Do you feel any further pooping if you blow air in closed mouth with pinched nose? Is the gland behind the ear tender to touch? Regards