Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Does a high viral load of hepatitis c (8 000 000) cause

Customer Question
Does a high viral...

Does a high viral load of hepatitis c (8 000 000) cause chronique fatigue to fight against it ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I did 6 months of interferon 13 years ago and then Interferon and ribavirine but my blood tests and liver have always been perfect

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

I do a fibrotest and actitest every year and all is good. But my viral count went from 3 million in the first years to 8 million now and I'm always tired

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
12/29/2016
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

absolutely it causes fatigue

what other problems do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
none. Always perfect fibrotest and actitest never elevated enzymes but chronic fatigue for years. Is this caused by the amount of antibodies needed to fight the viral load every day to protect my liver ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The virus count dissapeared with each treatment but came back a month later. I have genotype 1
fatigue is very very common
the body is constantly trying to fight the infection
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor