Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Painless throbbing on the top half of my head.

Customer Question

Why am I experiencing painless throbbing on the top half of my head? This has happened for two weeks and is intermittent, no dizziness. Nothing prompts or disables it as far as I know. My grandad died of heart attack at 60. My dad on the other side died of brain hemorrhage. I have high cholesterol. Im 48 years old.

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Can you tell me a bit more about your symptoms please and how long does this last?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Throbbing in the top half of my head, above the ears.

Mostly top and back, not front really. Feel lethargic. No pain. More prevalent when I'm standing. No pain at all.

Lasts a couple of hours and subsides.

OK

This sounds like an atypical migraine and in and of itself nothing too serious but you need to see a doctor about it for an exam and possibly an MRI of your brain. For now if it's bothersome you can take ibuprofen for it.

Please let me know if you need any more information