How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5215
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having moderate pain in my right testicle/lower

Customer Question

i am having moderate pain in my right testicle/lower abdomen, its intermittent and fades every few minutes
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: it started about two hours ago, right now im layng on my left side and its not too bad,,, touching around the area makes it worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, ive beeb in good health my whole life been
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Is there any discomfort/pain during urination?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having intermittent moderate pain in your right testicle/lower abdomen since last 2 hours can be due to various causes.The most common causes of this pain are:some injury,Infection or inflammation like epididymitis(inflammation of the epididymitis-a duct through which sperm leaves the testicle) or orchitis(inflammation of a testicle with bacteria or a virus).

Hernia or other types of swelling are other causes. The pain from kidney stone may sometimes radiate into the testicular area.

You needs ultrasound of the testicles,complete urine examination and other tests.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards