Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am 68 yrs old .For some time now I have experienced both

Customer Question

I am 68 yrs old .For some time now I have experienced both soreness and itching. My Labia has shrunk ,to nothing but 2 small tender lumps . The whole area including the citrus is very itchy and sore. Have used various vaginas creams from the chemist to no avail
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

have you tried any vaginal estrogen cream for vaginal atrophy from lack of estrogen?

that is a prescription cream from your doctor and is not over the counter.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I could have gone straight to my doctor. If it was just a case of getting a prescription from my doctor for this cream . You have not answered the question to what is / or has caused the problem. I wish to cancel any further assistance from you.

are you willing to upload a photo so I can better see the area to help you make a diagnosis?

itchy and sore can be from vaginal atrophy from lack of estrogen, or it could be from a fungal infection or other infection.