Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My hct is low, hb is low, rbc is high, lymphocytes is high,

Customer Question
rdw-cv is also high, mcv...
My hct is low, hb is low, rbc is high, lymphocytes is high, rdw-cv is also high, mcv is low , and mch is also low.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes doctor give me Livogen but it cant help.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yeah i was having a dermoid cyst in left overy but it was removed by laproscopy. And m having pcod problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2016
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,

Do you have a picture of your blood work you can share on this site?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i m having a picture of that report

Let me take a look.

Do you have heavy menstrual cycles?

Do you have any diarrhea?

You need to have your iron stores in your body check.

This might not be caused by iron deficiency.

This can be from anemia of chronic disease.

Do you have any other medical problems?

Your blood work indicates microcytic anemia.

You should be screening for your iron stores with serum iron, ferritin, TIBC.

If those are normal, you need a pathologist to look at your RBC for sideroblastic anemia or thalassemia.

If you don't have either of these diseases, then you have anemia of chronic disease and should be worked up for inflammatory diseases such as malignancy, infection, rheumatoid disease, lupus, renal diseaseer diseae, and endocrine disorders.

Taking iron will not help these diseases.

I hope this helps.

We only get credit for positive feedback so please leave 3-5 stars when you are ready.

You can continue to ask questions afterwards too.

Dr. Scott, Doctor