Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been experiencing sudden weakness since 2 years, I

Customer Question
Good afternoon JA: Hi. How can...
Good afternoon
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have been experiencing sudden weakness since 2 years
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen numerous doctors. I did almost all blood test and all results are normal I even did a brain mri and everything is normal
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: They tested the blood as soon as it was taken it was not stored
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have always enjoyed great health. Its only since 2 years that I started experiencing these symptoms. Earlier, doctors suspected epilepsy and it has already been ruled out
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
12/12/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having weakness symptoms

how old are you?

are you male or female?

where in your body is this weakness?

19 years old
Im male
My weakness is generalized
The symptoms go into relapse and remission

I see.

you are pretty young

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? excessive anxiety can magnify small symptoms and make you very worried about them

have you tried regular exercise to help improve muscle strengthen?

I can barely do anything. I need to sleep for the symptoms to go away

have you been tested for viral infections like mononucleosis which can cause severe fatigue and weakness?

Concerning anxiety, i think it can be ruled out. I consulted both a psychiatrist and a psychologist to evaluate my mental health. Everything is normal according to them.Btw, I am a athletic person. I used to jog everyday for 30 minutes. I had a resting rpm of 60. But since these symptoms begin, i find it hard to exercise
Concerning the viral infections, i had not tested for anything

you should ask your doctors to test for ebstein barr virus antibodies in your blood which is a sign of infection which can cause mononucleosis which can cause severe fatigue and weakness.

Okay. But do you think it is myasthenia gravis? The doctor ordered the blood test, but i have not yet done it

I'm glad you had blood work to check for MG

I doubt you have MG.

chance for MG would be very low.

What do you think it can be? Its just weakness that come and go.

it is most likely a viral infection

or lack of exercise and conditioning.

Being an athletic person, i find it weird to experience such kind of symptoms.The weakness occurs just suddenly and at anytime
Family Physician, Doctor