Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My detailed message is on the left side of the page in the

Customer Question
first box. JA: Have you seen...
my detailed message is on the left side of the page in the first box.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Wanted to get your opinion before seeing a doctor about this. Meds listed above including ASA 81 mg for clotting disorder.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Depakote, Seroquel, Latuda, benzotropine, ASA Fish oil Vit D, Magnesium and vit B complex
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have suffered from hydraginitus for 30 years with cysts in my groin treated with surgery, hydrocortizone injections into the cysts.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
11/29/2016
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,

I am sorry, but you can copy and paste your question as I do not see it.

Here is the question I sent this morning. I've also attached a copy of a photo of my nails.I am having symptoms of very cracking and pealing of my fingernails and losing a lot of hair. My thyroid levels are normal. I am taking Depakote 1500, levels at 85, Seroquel 200mg, Latuda 60 mg, Benzotropine 0.5 mg HS. Abnormal labs are BUN/ Creatinine 25, Creatinine 1.46 Urea Nitrogen 37,Homosystine 15.5. I am positive for the heterozygous c.-455G>//a vairant in the Beta Fibrinogin gene (genotype G/A). I am more tired than normal. My weight remains about the same. I am 5'8" 178 lbs. I fluctuate between 175-180 lbs. Two years ago I lost bet.20-25 lbs and have kept it off. I suffer from Bipolar 1 with psychotic features. Angela Burling
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: Date was 8/16/16. Wt. pretty steady.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 61 years old. My mom took thyroid. Mood is stable, just tired.
Is anyone looking at the entry above? Another doctor perhaps?
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

Depakote can cause nail changes and hair loss.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14558403

Depakote can cause nail color changes.

and can cause hair loss.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician