Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My ekg states possible inferior infarct, age undetermined

Customer Question

my ekg states possible inferior infarct, age undetermined and Abnormal ECG. I was told normal EKG?? What does those 2 statements mean?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Diabetes medication. Yes, was at the hospital. Did see doctor?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no not alergic to any medications. My diabetes medication is long
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take doxepin for anxiety and insomina nightly
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

This may be automatic interpretation; possible inferior infarct, age undetermined and Abnormal ECG.

This needs confirmation by a doctor. An automatic interpretation may not be correct and needs substantiation by a specialist.

EKG has a sensitivity of around 95-87%, so there can be false positive interpretation. Many times doctors need additional tests like Troponin, AST, ALT, CPK-MB and colored doppler study if they have doubts with the EKG.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.