Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Why would someone start shaking involuntarily? He said he

Customer Question
Why would someone start shaking...
Why would someone start shaking involuntarily? He said he was cold but was not cold or hot to the touch. Normal temperature. After several minutes the shaking has stopped and he is sleeping.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No fever. He is in recovery from pneumonia, has just finished a course of anti-biotics called clindamycin and seemed to be better and stronger.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He has advanced Parkinson's and is medicated regularly for that. He is 92 years old. But what causes the shaking?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

recovering from infection like pneumonia can cause shakes

has this happened to him before?

Family Physician, Doctor