Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I went to doctor and he heard "bubbles" (his word) in my

Customer Question

I went to doctor and he heard "bubbles" (his word) in my lungs and prescribed antibiotics for bronchitis. However, I don't have a bad cough and feel fine, but I do hear congestion in my lungs. It goes away at night but is worse in the mornings. It has been two weeks. I have had no congestion or any other symptoms. I am nursing so hesitant to take the amoxicillin if I don't need it, but don't want to risk this getting worse. Is it possible to have bacterial bronchitis with no real symptoms other than that sound in my lungs when I cough (and again, cough is not overly frequent and goes away when I sleep).
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Although it is possible to have lower chest infection without much coughing. If you think your symptoms have improved you can avoid antibiotics. However amoxicillin can be taken during breast feeding if your symptoms persist you can take it. Steam inhalation with menthol crystals in it can help you a lot.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Symptoms haven't improved but haven't worsened. So it's possible to have an infection without any congestion or fever or sick feeling, including sleeping perfectly fine at night?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Infection usually presents with fever but it is not necessary. You can try steam inhalation if it does not improve you can take antibiotics then.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know If you have any followup questions.