Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have taking IC LORAZEPAM .05 MG as needed up 6 pills a

Customer Question

I have taking IC LORAZEPAM .05 MG as needed up 6 pills a day. Mostly, recently I have nightmare. I thought it would help in 3 pills in morning and 3 pills at night (for pass the past month) I also have epilepsy and would wean myself down to 2 pills in morning and 2 pills in evening. What is a safe way to do this. Thank you, Terry
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I have long list of medication for epilepsy, diabetic, etc......sufa is most allergic....I have. I do not want to change the medication type. I will stay the IC LORAZEPAM I also, have hpo thyroid (recently have per doctor dose was changed.....which I feel has cause nightmare ....which more stress dreams. Thank you, Terry
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: That is all .....thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

The best method is to cut down lorazepam by 10 % to 20 % initially and then wait for 2 to 4 weeks before making another cut so that you experience minimal withdrawal symptoms. So i would recommend you to take 2 tablets in morning and 2 in evenings and then wait for 2 to 4 weeks and if you tolerate it better you can cut off another 1 to 2 tablets.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.