Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

DULOXETINE AND ALPROZALAM IS THAT OK, THE DULOXETINE WAS

I AM TAKING DULOXETINE...
I AM TAKING DULOXETINE AND ALPROZALAM IS THAT OK
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: THE DULOXETINE WAS GIVEN ME AS A SUBSTITUE FOR CYMBALTA
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I HAVE PARKINSON'S AND TAKE MEDICATION FOR THAAT
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: NO ALLERGIES I TAKE CARBODOPA/ LEVADOPA AND NEPRO
11/26/2016
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, that is fine but it might be a concern with your age

how old are you?

just click send to reply

Please don't forget a positive rating

I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
I am 77 years old. My other medications include: pradaxa 150mg (previous episodes of blood clots) twice daily , Micardis 80mg, Singular tabs, spiriva inhaler for Asthma, Advair Inhaler, Albutrol Rescue Inhaler (as needed),Prolia, Omeprazol 40 mg, Mybetriq 5o mg for incontinence, Buproprion XL 100mg , Alprolazam 25mg ((every 8 hrs as needed. This is in addition to the Carbidopa/levodopa 35/100 1/2 tablet 5 times a day amd Amantadine 100mg 3 times a day.
I also use Calcium 1000 mg daily with Vitamin D, use a CPAP for sleep apnea

you should not really be taking xanax at your age

I BEGAN TAKING IT 15 YEARS AGO WHEN MY HUSBAND FELL FROM OUR BOAT AND DROWNED. I WAS THE ONLY PERSON ON THE BOAT AND I WAS UNABLE TO SAVE HIM, THERE IS A LOT MORE DETAILS BUT THE RESULTS WERE THAT I COULD NOT FUNCTION. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CHRONIC ANXIETY COMPLEX AND HAVE BEEN TAKING THE XANAX SINCE. YES, I HAVE HAD THERAPY AND STILL DO. IS IT INCONSISTENT WITH MY OTHER MEDICATIONS?
WHY DOES MY AGE MATTER?

It is on the Bears list. A list of meds unsafe after 65. It can cause falls and increased risk of death

Ok thanks
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor