Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I have had oral surgery two times in one week, been sick

Customer Question

I have had oral surgery two times in one week, been sick with a cold and a herpes outbreak. Yesterday I started feeling very dizzy and wiped out, over night I have severe vertigo off and on. My husband had the cold also, and he woke this am very dizzy also, can't turn his head without sever vertigo. Is it odd that we both would get this, it seems like inner ear infections, which I read herpes can cause, could the virus have caused both of us to get this?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that yes this seems to be most likely Viral infection and remember Herpes viral infection is very contagious. This can give such symptoms. Yes herpes can cause inner ear infection which can give such dizziness. I will suggest to see ENT doctor for complete evaluation or may be your physician. You may need early anti-viral medication in order to cure the infection.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes

Amir

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I started my famvir today. I have had herpes with many viruses but not usually this dizziness, but since my husband is having severe dizziness which he never does, it seems viral, like we both could get it?

Yes viral infections are very contagious and it seems you both got the infection. I am glad you already started anti-viral medication which will hopefully cure it and reduce the symptoms. You both need to keep yourself well hydrated.

Best wishes

Amir

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Also is it normal to have more severe dizziness at night when you get up suddenly? I read that the worst of dizziness last two days and then lingers off and on for 2 weeks? Does this sounds right

I would like to say that yes dizziness can be severe with viral infections and can be more severe at night time. There is no hard and fast rule about dizziness being lingering on and off for 2 weeks but yes it can go on for few weeks.

Best wishes

Dr. Amir Javed