How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9387
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have strep throat

Customer Question

I think I have strep throat
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have fever,sore throat?

White spots on back of throat?

Pain during swallowing?

Swollen lymph node in neck?

Phlegm at back of throat?

Stuffy nose,clogged ears?


Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?


Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sore throat, white spots and pain in my ear. Please see pictures attached.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Strep throat,Tonsillitis.

So you need antibiotics prescription from your doctor in person.

In the meantime you can take some self care measures like

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

Also drink warm liquids.

Start a multivitamin supplement.

Also do steam inhalation and saline gargles.

Betadine oral rinse twice a day can be effective.

You should avoid spicy,fat rich food,carbonated beverages.

Nasal saline spray can be tried.

See an ENT specialist for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 10 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.