Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I live in dakota county mn and both my prescriptiions for

Customer Question
paxil and furosemide expired today...
I live in dakota county mn and both my prescriptiions for paxil and furosemide expired today while I am waiting for mnsure to fix up the glitch with my enrollment which should have taken place 2 months ago. where can i get the prescriptions reissued again without cost? I have both the vials for proof that I have taken this medication for over 20 years. Minute clinic wants to charge me between $100 and $130
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/23/2016
Doctor: Dr. Captain, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Captain
Dr. Captain, Board Certified Physician

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Your question is where can you get a prescription (refill) at no cost?

The only place I can imagine that would give you a refill of medication you've been prescribed would be either the person who first prescribed it to you, or a personal relative. Whenever doctors prescribe medications or refills, they assume both medical and legal responsibility and liability for the person who is taking the medication. Doctors all have multimillion dollar malpractice insurance because of how common it is for people to sue doctors, for things that don't go according to plan or expectation. In order for you to have a prescription given to you for free, the doctor would have to be willing to accept liability for any potential problems, with no compensation for them. To my perspective, that seems like a difficult proposition. Have you tried looking at options for physicians online?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't use my New Jersey medicaid because I'm in Minnesota now. My NJ dr won't issue a refill order because i haven[t seen him recently (I'm in good health except for panic attacks which have recurred when I'm without my Paxil.) I don't need an exam, I just need someone to look at my vials and give me a new prescription for the meds i've been taking for 20 years before I start having attacks again. If you are suggesting an online source, where can I get this done? Or where can I go for nearly free in the Minneapolis area to just get the prescriptions reissued?

I see. I understand, from your perspective, you don't need an exam, and you just need someone to look at your vitals... but, from the physician's perspective, they have to trust their entire career and future earning capacity to the remote, even unlikely, possibility that things don't go exactly according to plan... that's a tough sell.

I think it will be tough to find anywhere that is "nearly free" but you may be able to find options online that are more reasonable. I would recommend you try www.treatmd.com . you can find someone, select prices that work for you, and prescriptions can be sent for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought I'd get more advice and help, byebye

How else may I help ?

I'm happy to continue chatting until you feel satisfied with the help you've received.

Family Physician, Doctor