Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Why i feel like a skip heart beat specially 10 to 20 min

Good morning
Why i feel like a skip heart beat specially 10 to 20 min after exercising & always while taking my shower . I am athletic person who do Cardio workout 5 times a week (Jumping rope for 40 min) & i am lefting weight too .
I did echocardiogram 5 months ago & it was great thanks God . My EF was 61%
My resting heart beat is 54
I did all the above tests as a routine check up as i do free fall (jumping from aeroplane) .
I did 2 weeks ago this stress test attached & i reached to stage 6 with a heart beats up to 209/min & it was normal as well .
I consume 2 or more cups of decaf coffee each morning .
Regards
Peter

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

high thyroid hormone levels can cause fast heart rate.

taking hot showers after you exercise can cause vasodilation of your blood vessels and this can cause you to drop your blood pressure and this can cause some occasional skipped heart beats in the hot shower.

this is just your heart adjusting to blood pressure changes in your body and vasodilation from taking a hot shower.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I usually also drink cold water while taking my shower & i heard that cold water before & during shower reduce blood pressure . I don't suffer from fast heart rate . Just a skip beat occasionally but particularly while taking shower .

the cold water could be causing coldness next to the heart which can cause these skipped heart beats.

I would stop drinking cold water before hot showers.

but you should drink water and fluids during exercise and after exercise.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
as long as i did all these tests & i am athletic & regularly work out & as per my doctor's opinion to forget about it & it is very common & he advised to workout as usual .

forget about it.

your heart is fine

keep exercising.

you don't have to drink cold water before showing.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com