Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have been sterile all my life. Ever since I was I have had

Customer Question

I have been sterile all my life. Ever since I was young I have had about 23 hours a day almost no blood flowing to my penis and scrotum. It's an embarrassing problem when you're young for obvious reasons. My wife wanted to have children and in spite of my telling them that my testes stayed up in my body most of the time they did three different testecular biopsies and tried many expensive treatments. Nothing increase the flow of blood so that my testes could keep the proper distance from my body to form a sperm yet no urologist ever address this when I told them. My real curiosity is now that I am 67 and it doesn't matter and I still have an absolutely normal size direction and testes hang low a small percentage of each day is this an occurrence you have heard of before and is there anyway you can be addressed. I swear it is as though I have been vacuum packed down there yet by the time I am ready to have sex I am his average is any other man. Just wondering What a doctor would say in this regard as none have ever addressed it even when I asked.
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. However they do say there is no presence of sperm. It seems like I could've it diagnosed this when I was 16 I mean that's the whole purpose of the scrotum to keep the testes at the right distance from the body am I wrong?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

the only way to tell if you have sperm in your semen fluid is to have a semen analysis under a microscope to look for sperm.

have you had that done?