Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

Smoked marijuana daily for about 7 years.. Often times would

Customer Question

Smoked marijuana daily for about 7 years.. Often times would smoke out of apples, by poking holes into it, then would sometimes eat what was left of the apple. It dawned on me later I never used to wash the apples before using them. Did I risk exposing myself to pesticides? If so, will quitting help me recover from damage done as a result of the exposure?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, 25 years old. Active, healthy lifestyle otherwise.
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, let me see if there is any research about this topic.

Unfortunately, there is no information about the specific topic. Pesticides in general do not have that much affect humans. This is because they are in such small doses and quantities. If you think about it, you're trying to kill a bug that is the size of a couple of cells put together. I would imagine that just smoking in general causes more harm then pesticides on the fruit. Additionally, most people eat fruit without washing them so they get the pesticide anyway. There has not been reported consequences of pesticide induced toxicity from eating fruit. I would not be concerned if I were you. If I were you, I would stop smoking altogether. Smoking probably has much more significant consequences then small doses of pesticide.

Let me know if you have any additional questions please.

If not, please rate my services.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. Rebich" in the medicine categories if you have other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com