Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Apparently i have a herniated disc on my lower back. what

Customer Question

apparently i have a herniated disc on my lower back. what kind of tasks am i suppose to avoid ?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I saw a Doctor> As of matter of I'm seeing him again tomorrow to see what the MRI is showing. and i'm been taking avil
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

You should avoid all those activities that aggravate your symptoms such as bending over, heavy lifting and any quick twisting or jerking motions. Avoid standing or sitting , driving for extended period of time as it would increase strain to your spine and aggravate disc pain. keep away from overstuffed and low furniture, because it is difficult to stand back up after sitting in them. Don’t lie on stomach and prolonged bed rest. Good luck for tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes

Please let me know if you have followup questions.