Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

I had a very small lump.. soft and rubbery to the feel and

Customer Question

I had a very small lump.. soft and rubbery to the feel and my general Doc had looked at it years ago. Said it was (and I don't remember grrr) but it would be more trouble to remove it than to let it alone. now it has grown some. maybe not quite an inch in size. My gyn also glanced and said it wasn't anything to worry about but I might like to have it removed for cosmetic purposes. I do have an apt with my dermatologist in a couple of weeks. It still feels movable and soft to the touch but I guess from manipulated it I kind of made it a pinkish color. I wonder if its not something other than a lipoma like a huge oil filled or fluid filled(pimple like lump) but also if I turn my neck to the left it almost disappears. Just interested in your opinion. Since I an prone to anxiety about these things. :)(its also on my left side of the neck... not all the way in the back...kind of the side where your hair would hide it
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: did you have a chance to read what I typed?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: your answers are having nothing to do with what I typed
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Can you upload a picture of the lump?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
kind of hard for me to do by myself sorry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello? sorry tried but its hard to do in my position
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DR Bob??? Are you there?? If you cant help me I would appreciate an answer
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Well, if this lesion has been there for many years, it is likely something benign like a lipoma or a sebaceous cyst. If it has changed recently in size or appearance or is causing you more symptoms, it makes sense to have the dermatologist take a look at it. He or she can drain it or remove it, if indicated. This would most likely be a simple office procedure.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ooops sorry THANK you very much Dr Bob. And yes it has been there for many years. I do have an apt with my dermatologist. Have a Good Thanksgiving.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry don't need any other doctor... just didn't see the answer......
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 11 months ago.

If you dont have any further questions, please rate the answer!

Let me know if you have any additional questions please.

If not, please rate my services.