Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Need to stop hiccups that have been having hiccups for 8…

Customer Question
Need to stop hiccups...

Need to stop hiccups that have been having hiccups for 8 days

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Zantac and care

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Sucralfate juast had gallbladder out

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you need to see a doctor at the ER or urgent care center

they can give you a prescription for medication called chlorpromazine 25-50mg 3-4 times a day which can help decrease hiccups.

your doctor should also check a chest xray and ultrasound of your abdomen to check for fluid in the gall bladder surgery location which could be irritating your diaphragm which can cause hiccups.