How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to stop hiccups that have been having hiccups for 8

Customer Question

need to stop hiccups that have been having hiccups for 8 days
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: zantac and care
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: sucralfate juast had gallbladder out
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

you need to see a doctor at the ER or urgent care center

they can give you a prescription for medication called chlorpromazine 25-50mg 3-4 times a day which can help decrease hiccups.

your doctor should also check a chest xray and ultrasound of your abdomen to check for fluid in the gall bladder surgery location which could be irritating your diaphragm which can cause hiccups.