How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55788
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've had a mole/ wart like growth at the base of my penile

Customer Question

I've had a mole/ wart like growth at the base of my penile shaft for about a year. I have tried many remedies to get rid of it from cutting it off to freezing it to compound w wart removal and it keeps coming back every time. It's less than a quarter of a inch in size but very noticeable because it located in the front right at the beginning of the shaft. What else is this or what else can i do to remedy it besides seeing a dermatologist or doctor ?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No doctor and no medications
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: None and no allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing to note
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

do you have a picture?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is a picture
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

It looks to me like scar tissue from a hair follicle that you have done all this to

is that possible

it is either that or a fordyce spot

I don't think it is a wart

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there anything I can do about that. I had just tried removing the spot again but it's usually harder and crusty. This is the aftermath of my last attempt to remove it. It bled when raised more and snagged. It's been there for about a year
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

You are going to need to see a doctor or dermatologist to cut it out

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply