Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I'm allergic to ibuprophen, Can I take celebrex, I have seen

I'm allergic to ibuprophen, Can I take celebrex
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen my doctor about a sore knee, and pain in the back of my right leg especially when I go up and down stairs. He thinks I might have a tare in my minescus . right now I'm rubbing it with A535 and taking 2 Tylenol every 4 hours
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Othewr meds that I am taking daily are B12, B10,Metformin, Glyglaside, 81 mg aspirin Lipitor, Lisinipril Plavix, Trazedone,
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just the fact that I am allergic to Ibuprophen

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have this pain ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

Yes,you can take celebrex.It contains celecoxib which is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Celecoxib works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.

Ibuprofen is also a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).

Although a different drug,but there is slight possibility that you my also get allergic to celebrex.So you can take only a very small dosage as test dose & then can be followed accordingly.

So although it is a different drug but as both the drugs are NSAID's,so I advise you to take only 1/4 or more smaller dosage of tablet to see if this causes any allergic reaction.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry it took me so long to, reply. I haven't taken the Celebrex yet. The one I have here is a capsule, not a tablet. I think that I might have a hard time cutting it. That is the only thing that is holding up from trying it. What do you suggest?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No... I guess I'll stick to to the tylonol. Thanks anyway

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,Tylenol is one of the safest drug &usually does not cause allergic or hypersensitive reaction.It is a drug in a class of medications called analgesics (pain relievers).

The recommended dose of acetaminophen(tylenol)of regular-strength (325 mg)is two tablets every four to six hours as needed,not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours.

For extra-strength (500 mg) acetaminophen: two tablets every four to six hours as needed, not to exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours. The maximum daily dose is 4 grams.
And I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your pain now? Have you taken tylenol?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh