Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had redness on the rim of my penis and I am wondering if

Customer Question

I had redness on the rim of my penis and I am wondering if it's something to be worried about or if it's just irritated skin?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How old are you?

Any discharge?

Pain?

How long has this been present?

can you upload a picture with the area of interest in clear focus?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am 25 I noticed it yesterday. I never felt it there I only noticed when I seen it at the end of the day. I have been in a relationship for 14 months so I have only had one sexual partner but it still worries me. There is no pain.

Thank you for that additional information and pictures.

That could, possibly, be the start of a syphilitic chancre......

It would be unusual for irritated skin to be on just one spot like that unless you had some trauma to your penis etc.

So. What to do?

Even though you have been in a monogamous relationship for over a year I feel that the safest thing to do is have an exam and STD testing done.

There are places you can go that offer this type of services and you don't even have to give your name.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But how would could it be the start of syphilis? I know you are right to go and get a test done but how could it just start now if I've been with the same person for 14 months?