How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to speak to gi doctor. I think I have an impaction in

Customer Question

Need to speak to gi doctor. I think I have an impaction in my rectum ( colon)
Unable to have a bowel movement, need to digitally remove stool. Been having digestive problems for nearly 1 year.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

I am a doctor here.

I am sorry you have impaction of your stools

you can go to the ER or urgent care center

doctors there can help you dis-impact your stools with a glove and a finger with lubricant to help pick stool out

you can also try using a fleet enema to get your bowels to start to move.

do you have constipation on a regular basis?

you may have to take a laxative on a regular basis or medications like linzess to help keep your bowels moving at least once a day.