How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4051
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have severe pain just below the center of my ribs stomach

Customer Question

I have severe pain just below the center of my ribs stomach ache. Nausea but when I tried to throw up nothing came up. Also diahrea. The pain is very unbearable. Should I rest or go to the doctor? Thank you
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No vomiting. I tried to to see if that would make my stomach feel better but nothing came up I was just gagging.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 9 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Pain in the epigastric area(area below the ribs in the centre) is usually secondary to gastritis or oesophagitis/GERD/Gastroenteritis/Food allergy/viral diaorrhea. The other causes of similar pain would include colitis or intestinal cramps. .It would help to take antacid gels /tablets like Tums/Digene and OTC Omeprazole which may offer immediate relief along with aantispasmodic drug like Hyoscine/Buscopan or Dicyclomine/Bentyl.Peppermint oil is available OTC ,this may reduce the intestinal spasms..You need to see your PCP/doctor who can examine you and treat you further after examining you and investigating you.