Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My fiancé has just returned from the doctor and he has now

Customer Question

My fiancé has just returned from the doctor and he has now been referred for a Colonoscopy as there has been some blood found in his stools. He has had diareha for some time now & does find he gets bloated at times also. The results also found he has an infection in his stomach so he has been given a course of antibiotics to clear this. I know he is worried and I am trying not to think the worse also :( Are you able to shed any light and what this could be ?
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: My fiancé who is 32 has had the loose bowel movements for a long time a number of months (he didn't mention this to me until only recently) no vomiting or nausea.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't know my fiance's family medical history but I don't believe so...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Does he had fresh red blood or is it dark black color blood in hist stool?

Any ultrasound or other tests done?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The condition having fresh red colored blood in stool is called hematochezia. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a brighter red. This blood is coming from lower gastro intestinal tract. Its most common causes are: inflammatory bowel disease(ulcerative collitis,crohn's disease),hemorrhoids,anal fissures,diverticular bleeding,intestinal infection (such as bacterial enterocolitis),

As he has been referred for a Colonoscopy & has had a history of diarrhea for some time now so most probable cause of his symptoms is ulcerative collitis,crohn's disease.

He need following tests:

-Stool examination,

-Anoscopy

-Ultrasound of lower abdomen,

-Colonoscopy.

As he had an infection in his stomach,so antibiotics are the drug of choice to cure this.

There is nothing dangerous or serious here.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination..So I advice him to go ahead for the colonoscopy. so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Does your fiance still have blood in stool?

has he consulted the doctor for above described tests?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh