Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been a visitor at dialysis for over a month and

Customer Question
doctor ignores me. My...
I have been a visitor at dialysis for over a month and doctor ignores me. My blood pressure is very high and it is difficult to go to ER today with daughters family. I had 50 mg of metro polo like this am and will take 50 more this evening. Could I take an additional, 24 mg this noon. My blood pressure is 202 over 89 now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your heart rate?

metoprolol can decrease your heart rate.

if your heart rate is ok and above 60, you should talk to your doctor about increasing your dose of metoprolol

some doctors prefer atanolol over metoprolol in patients who are getting dialysis.

make sure to avoid heavy salt intake as well

and avoid foods high in potassium.