Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have these abscess sores come up on the back of my head,

Customer Question

I have these pussy abscess sores come up on the back of my head
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: About a month an nothing seems to make them better or worse they just feel like there full of puss an leak
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No not really nothing that stands out
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have these abscess sores?

Are these painful?

Any other known medical illness like diabetes?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having pussy abscess sores come up on the back of your head is suggestive of a condition called cellulitis.

Cellulitis is a spreading bacterial infection of the skin and tissues beneath the skin. Staphylococcus and streptococcus bacteria are the most common causes of cellulitis.The goal of treatment is to control infection and prevent related problems. Treatment usually includes antibiotics.

Antibiotics, such as derivatives of penicillin or other types of antibiotics that are effective against the responsible bacteria, are used to treat cellulitis.Culture & sensitivity test is also required to know the best sensitive antibiotic against the causative organism.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor for examination & then treatment with antibiotics & other medications will be done accordingly.

Till then apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.They are available as OTC(over the counter) at your pharmacy without prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance regarding these pussy abscess sores on the back of your head?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh