Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I took a expired half pill of Percocet last night to help me

Customer Question

I took a expired half pill of Percocet last night to help me sleep through tooth ache. went to work in am at hospital. was picked to be drug tested. how long does that dose stay in your system and will it show up on urine drug test. test was done about 6 hours after drug taken
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing? I'm trying to find the right doctor for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no. I don't take narcotics on a regular basis at all. just wanted to sleep to get through work in am. My bad luck they randomly selected me for test. worried that it can affect my job for small pill I took
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Percocet can be detected for up to 48 hours after it has been ingested.

The test becomes positive 2 hours after the drug is taken.

So. What is the take home message?

You will, very likely, test positive for oxycodone.

You should be honest with them about your one time use.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS