How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11315
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My cardiologist in consultation with the electro physician

Customer Question

My cardiologist in consultation with the electro physician in Puerto Rico;after years of extensive evaluation conclude that I need a pacemaker due to bradycardia and pauses.No further evaluation necessary. The electrophysician in Orlando do not want to do it without electrophysiological studies and further evaluation which my doctors in Puerto Rico consider unnecessary and do not agree. I am an 84 years old male otherwise in good health and I trust and would like to follow my doctors advise. Iam in Orlando and i can not go to Puero Rico in the near future.MY QUESTION IS IF AND HOW I CAN GET THE PACEMAKER NEEDED PERIOD WITHOUT GOING THROUGHT UNDESIRED FURTHER AND COSTLY EVALUATION AND WHO CAN HELP ME .
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.

By these doctors in Orlando? You can't. If they want the tests before putting in your pacemaker there is nothing you can do to force them to do it your way....

So. What can you do?

1. Find another cardiologist who would agree to do it your way, without the electrophysiological studies and further evaluation.

2. Go to Puerto Rico.

Make sense to you?

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS