How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have bartholin gland abcess. It seems like it is chronic I

Customer Question

Hi I have bartholin gland abcess. It seems like it is chronic I currently do not have insurance, and will have one on january from my employer.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Family medicine doctor did incision drainage and she priscribe antibiotics. But it lump came back within a week, but it was not painful and size was smaller. So I just did not go back to doctor.
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: But the abscess got bigger after I went to beach 2 weeks ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I first had it in august. I got incision and drainage. But the doctor failed to drain the whole thing. But the lump was much smaller, and not painful anymore, so I did not go back to the doctor.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

we are doctors here to answer medical questions

I am sorry about your bartholin gland abscess.

what questions do you have for me?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How much does it cost to do drainage from the gynecology specialists without insurance? What treatment is there than drainage?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Should I just wait until January when my new employer start providing health insurance?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

every doctor charges different rates.

you can try to see a doctor at a free clinic or university hospital where they may see you without charge.

if you have pain now, you should see a doctor now.