Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My feet hurt all the time, feels like I am walking on rocks,

Customer Question

My feet hurt all the time, feels like I am walking on rocks
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It been going on for a long while, when I get up anytime it's really bad then the more I walk sometimes it's not as bad
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am over weight by about 50 lbs, high blood pressure and I take thyroid medicine
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

It could be that some of this foot pain may be caused by plantar fascitis .. That is an inflammatory condition of connective tissue along the bottom of the foot and attaching to the bottom of the heel ( think of it similar to tendonitis ) This may benefit from trying a daily anti-inflammatory ( Aleve 1 to 2 with food twice a day )

You may benefit to try gel type insoles in your shoes

Consulting a podiatrist to examine your feet may be of benefit to you

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Dr. Bray

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, thank you. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't have anything to do with being a diabetic or something with my heart. I appreciate your advise and will give it a try.

Hello again,

No it does not sound that you are describing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy ( diabetes is common cause of that ) ( feet would hurt as much at rest as up walking if not more )

It does not sound that you describe Symptoms of peripheral artery disease either ( related to heart disease )

It sounds more of relationship to the pressure that you put on your feet so I think more likely plantar fasciitis but other foot problems may relate to your symptoms

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions

Best regards!

Dr. Bray