Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

2053053212, Yes Ashton multiple doctors and on the last

Customer Question

JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes Ashton multiple doctors and on the last doctor is going to try putting me off Seroquel and Depakote for bipolar and it is not working at all and I'm trying to find a doctor I can get into today because the doctor that was prescribing me Xanax is unavailable to see me for the next 3 or 4 days so she's meeting next Tuesday and next week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Batman Friday and late Friday afternoon I am actually having a severe panic attack trying to figure out what I'm going to do about trying to get in the doctor because I don't think I can make it through the weekend
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Yes I've dealt with this for many a times if I can remove myself to a quiet place and do some breathing exercises and I'm the doctor has me focusing on a white piece of paper things like that also I've got a dog since all of this and that helped a lot
Do I really need to pay more for you'd to see I need no have a. Because I get birth control and a thyroid medicine Synthroid. But my new doctor put me on 300 milligrams of Seroquel and Depakote and I am unable to take it and function at all for at least 36 hours after I take the medicine so all I really need is to get back on my Xanax until I can get back in to see someone in her practice but being a Friday and then they have no appointments available until later next week. So I do not know what to do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There are limited options available to you at this point. If your regular doctor is unavailable, it is usually impossible to get a same day appointment with a doctor if you are not already established with that doctor. If there is a doctor that is cross-covering for his patients, then that doctor may be an option, but the staff of your usual doctor would usually be the source of information that there is a covering doctor.

Otherwise, your only other option would be to go to an Urgent Care Center or Walk-In Clinic, depending upon what is available in your community. The doctors that work at the facilities frequently try to avoid prescribing controlled substance for chronic conditions, but they may be willing to provide a limited supply in certain circumstances.

If i can provide any clarification, please let me know.