Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I was in a car wreck earlier today and was fine at the time

Customer Question

Hi I was in a car wreck earlier today and was fine at the time of the wreck but now I'm starting to cough and feel a bit dizzy and foggy mentally. Is there a possibility the air bag dust irritated my lungs and I also have a possible concussion?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: About 45 minutes to an hour I have a slight headache as well I'm not sure if it's just allergies though
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had asthma as a kid but it went away when I was around 12 Okay, thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sorry about your car accident

often right afterwards you can have a lot of adrenaline running through your body which can decrease pain and help your airways stay open.

once your adrenadline levels go down, you can have cough from the airbag trauma to your chest and fatigue and mental fogginess.

if you didn't hit your head, then concussion is unlikely

you should make sure you take in more water, avoid alcohol, you can take a tylenol as well for headaches.

you may be better to go to bed and you may feel better in the morning.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Alright, thank you!

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com