Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a 18 year old daughter who has been in bed since

Customer Question

I have a 18 year old daughter who has been in bed since monday. She has not been able to keep any type of food down throwing up diarrhea chills nausea dizzy. The past 24 hours she has only had 1 gatoraid bottle of Pedialyte and some crackers. I am worried I may need to take her to the hoapital today is day 4. All ahe doea is sleep i wake her up ever 45 mins she taks a drink eats a cracker and falls back to sleep.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, and none We called her Dr she said there is nothing she can do for her in the office for these symptoms.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I believe she spent fri and sat drinking and smoking weed at an outdoor concert.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Indeed this is concerning.

Viral infection is most common cause. Inner ear infection or acute labyrinthitis can cause such symptoms commonly due to the inflammation of the balance organ inside the ear cavity. More serious cause can be viral or bacterial meningitis or inflammation of the brain. Hence it is better to take her to the ER for further evaluation. Acute labyrinthitis related symptoms can be controlled with medications like meclizine. However, possibility of meningitis should be ruled out first soon.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/