Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I drank 1 to 2 small glasses of zinfandel then had to take a

Customer Question

I drank 1 to 2 small glasses of zinfandel then had to take a nine panel with etg 63 hours after will i be ok?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Actually the EtG test can detect alcohol for upto 90 hours after the last drink, and since you had the test done after 63 hours there is a high likelihood that it will come back as positive. Now while there are multiple factors which do play into the test such as your own metabolism as well as the amount of alcohol which you had, you had zinfandel wine which has a relatively higher alcohol content as compared to other wines, usually between 14-17% alcohol. So it is very likely that your EtG test is going come back as positive, i would put the chances at 80-90% that the test will be positive.

I realize that this may not be what you were hoping to hear but if i gave you the wrong information it would be unethical for me. I strive to give you the most accurate information available, please remember that while rating me.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/