How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11267
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I find it difficult sleeping for up to 2 hours. i have itchy

Customer Question

I find it difficult sleeping for up to 2 hours. i have itchy skin and scalp and always feel discomfort at night. Ialso have what people call a mole on my head . what can i do
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: its been going on for months like now i slept around 1am and i have been awake before 3
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i used to have ezema when i was young thats all
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.

How old are you?


Can you upload a picture of the mole and itchy area?

Do you have discomfort at any other times during the day?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
19 years
I dont feel discomfort during the day
I dont have any medical problem
The discomfort happens all over my skin
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information and the photo.

Unfortunately, the picture is too far away, out of focus and pixelated so I can not make out any detail.

So. What should you do?

Well, the first step would be to see your primary care MD in person. She might be able to give you some medication to clear things up. If not then a visit to a dermatologist would be in order.

The good news?

There is a very good chance that this can be easily fixed and you can be back to feeling normal soon.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

So. Since our Presidential election here in the USA have you noticed a huge influx of Americans sneaking across the border and showing up in your town? ;)