How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9249
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have red bumps on my inner thigh and scrotum area. They

Customer Question

I have red bumps on my inner thigh and scrotum area. They are not itchy, and I've had them for maybe a month. I thought they were going away, but they are not. Also don't seem to be spreading or moving to the penis.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: A month, maybe. Not that I can think of, other than they are some sort of heat rash,
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are they getting bigger in size?

Any medical history like diabetes?

Are you overweight?

Excessive sweating?

Have you tried any medications so far?

Are these bumps painful?

If possible please upload picture.


Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. They seemed to start going away a week or two ago, then came back.
I changed underwear brands. They started soon after. I don't think the change made is that much different, but maybe it's causing more friction?
Jock itch spray with powder, and I tried an antibacterial cream for awhile, but it didn't seem to help.
No, they are not.They are also only on one side, and have not moved anywhere else.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your pictures and they seem irritant/friction induced folliculitis/Intertrigo.

You should apply OTC 2% Miconazole cream mixed with 1% Cortizone cream.

Continue Zeasorb-AF powder dusted over the area twice a day.

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

And change your undergarments.

Wear cotton fabric loose fitted clothes.

You should do such self care measures for 2 weeks.

Most likely they'll subside.

If they persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 9 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.