Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had an operation for a broken femur six years ago

Customer Question

I had an operation for a broken femur six years ago .Previously I had both knees replaced because of pain and severe bowing.In the hospital for the femur operation I must have had a super bug which turned out to be streptococcus.It was treated with C floss but still the redness had not gone until pennicillinwas finally used.I have now got bruising on the outer side of both ankles There is no pain but I have very flat feet still.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Ever since the cellulitis disappeared six years ago.Nothing causes any difference.No discomfort .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been in quite good general health and ridea bicycle 10kilometres every day. I do have a bit of weight gain due to being 81 years old
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 11 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i confirm are you asking about the causes for bruising on both your ankles? If so can i ask have your vessels been checked in the legs? What about your platelet levels etc? Do you have bruising anywhere else on the body or do you bruise easily? What is your gender?