Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Does seroquel test positive on a drug test

Thanks for this question. Actually seroquel is not tested for on any standard 5 panel or 8 panel drug tests which are usually conducted, it will ONLY show up on a drug test when it is actually being looked for. HOWEVER seroquel can certainly cause a false positive test for amphetamines in many of the standard drug panels. This is why it is important to tell the doctor or the staff who are conducting the test that you have been on seroquel.

So simply put, seroquel does NOT show up by itself on any of the standard panel drug tests however it can cause a false positive test for amphetamines in the same drug test in some cases.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If they send the urine for GC it would show negative for Amphetamines right?

Yes if the original test showed a false positive for amphetamines then the GC/MS test for ampehtamines would come back as NEGATIVE.

Any follow up questions? Please remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen to credit me for helping you here today. I would appreciate it greatly!. Thanks in advance.