Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

How does it take for Xanax to come out of your system before

Customer Question

How long does it take for Xanax to come out of your system before a drug test?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: urine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He already knows my medications that I take
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 9 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Xanax has a half life of 9-16 hours,that would be time for the drug to become half in the body.Therefore it will take approximately 7-10 days(fastest clearance would take 4 days.) for the drug to be eliminated adequately from the body so as not to show up on the urine test.If you are taking the drug regularly,it may take longer,upto 28-30 days for the drug to clear from the body.A single dose of 2 mgms may be cleared as fast as in 4 days,but assume a week in most cases to be on the safer side.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pretty Good reply and quickly. I'm a bit confused because I did not add the fact that I take this particularly drug at 0.25 mg a day or 1/2 of a .50 pill. I wish I had been more specific.

A lower dose like 0.25mgms may be cleared faster,but since you are taking it regularly ,assume 7-14 days for complete clearance as regular doses lead to accumalation of the drug and its metabolites.

Do you need more information before you give me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars?Thanks.