Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

I have a retracted stoma that needs surgery but I had a

Customer Question

I have a retracted stoma that needs surgery but I had a small heart attack 6 days after my colostomy operation my Dr. told me that I have twice the risk of another heart attack I want to know if operations are done do most of these high risk people get through their operations successfully or is the risk means I probably won't make it during operation or afterwards?
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I have a lot of different medical problems but my heart is in good shape however my mon side of family there were 12 of them all had some kind of heart problems my mom died of heart attack at 72
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: my doctor knows of all my medical history because of my colon cancer
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 10 months ago.

The risk means that you have twice the risk of another heart attack and that you are more likely to have a heart attack than most patients. It certainly doesnt mean you wont make it through, but it does increase your chances of another heart attack