Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My son recently is suffering from, 1. fatigue, dizzyness,

Customer Question
my son recently is suffering...
my son recently is suffering from
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: 1. fatigue, dizzyness, brain fog, lack of conentration, weakness, shakiness, raised heart rate or fluttering, nausea, upset stomach, lack of appetite, loss of energy, and hair loss. He had a viral infection of some sort the week prior and these symptoms remained. Before that he was totally healthy 26 year old. He has seen an internist and had some blood tests. Low blood pressure, fasting blood is 72, T3 Reversed is 30
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: yes, he is feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Check up was last week. To see an infectious disease specialist in 10 days. He was in Jamaica and had lots of bug bites.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no that is all. Healthy male gets sick in the last two weeks with symptoms above.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/5/2016
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.There has been a lot of Dengue and Chikanguniya viral fevers Jamiaca in the last few weeks.Both fevers have an influenza like syndrome and symptoms may persist for 6-8 weeks following the fever.In the case of Chikanguniya the symptoms of malaise,fatigue and weakness may persist for upto 6months to a few years.Since your son is already a JA patient,his immunity will be further compromised due to disease and the disease modifying drugs he would be taking.This will probably prolong the post viral symptoms .Rest,adequate hydration and drugs as advised by the infectious disease specialist and his Rheumatologist will probably help.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor