Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had thyroid testing done recently and the result was 18. I

Customer Question
I had thyroid testing done...
I had thyroid testing done recently and the result was 18. I have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes. I'm taking Levothyroxine 50 MCG once daily. She isn't concerned about this and I had to ask to be referred to an endocrinologist and the first opening for an appointment is March17, 2017.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I've been seeing her for at least 5 yrs. I am taking meloxicam for plantar fasciitis and she d/c that.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/1/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

TSH level of 18 does mean hypothyroidism.

you need to see a doctor and be started on thyroid hormone like levothyroxine to help bring up your thyroid hormone levels which can lower your TSH levels down into normal range of between 0.3 and 3.0

Family Physician, Doctor