Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Two years ago I started being treated for stage 4 prostate

Customer Question

Two years ago I started being treated for stage 4 prostate cancer. The treatments have been “Lupron” injections every 3 months plus taking oral meds, bicalutamide, once a day as back up to the Lupron shots. Initially my PSA dropped from 80 to 0.1 then jumped to 30 after refusing to continue with the Lupron injections because of the adverse reaction I experienced. I am now back on the Lupron shots and expect my PSA to drop back into the safe range again. I have also been advised by an Oncologist to stop taking bicalutamide because my bodies build up resistance to it and possibly having a negative effect.
With all this going on I’ve reached a point, after doing a lot of research online, that there just has to be other alternatives.
So here are some questions.• Does oxygen kill cancer
• Are there clinics in the area of, “The Villages, FL”, that administer oxygen therapy to kill cancer.
• How beneficial is a nitrous oxide supplement against cancer. If so, is there a product you would recommend.Respectfully,Jim Hefferon***@******.***(###) ###-####
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: I will ....yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm 82 yrs old. I take no meds except for my prostate condition. Have no other ailments. I have never smoked. I do not drink alcoholics, except for a twice a week glass of red wine. Do not eat meats, except for chicken and fish. We eat a lot...a lot of fruits and veggie. We try to eat a balanced diet on the alkaline side of the chart. For the last 50 years I have been an avid bicyclist. I suffer from a little arthritis in my wrist. I hope this helps
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am a cancer doctor.

sorry about your bad side effects from the lupron which takes away testosterone from your body.

in Europe, they will do intermittent androgen blockage so like 6 months on lupron and 6 months off to let your body recover some testosterone hormone. this is less expensive and just as good in European studies.

oxygen therapy will not kill cancer cells.

nitrous oxide is not well proven to kill cancer.

you can ask your doctor about taking estradiol 1mg a day pill to help with hot flashes while you are on lupron therapy

let me know if you have questions.