Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Inside my vagina feels like ruff hard bits. Haven't had this

Customer Question

Inside my vagina feels like ruff hard bits . Haven't had this before
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: It's like lined of gathered tightened bits
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm ok maybe a bit stressed but no medical oroblems
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I insert my fingers I'm usually smooth buy today I had like lines of gathered ruff hard edged bits of skin. Should I be worried
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 11 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any other symptoms? Discharge? pain while urinating? ANy bleeding? What is your age ?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

The first thing which comes to mind is that you could be developing a vaginal infection. Vaginal wall roughness can be an initial sign of a developing infection and the most common of all of these is a simple yeast infection. if this is the case then you should start to develop itching, white colored vaginal discharge within the next couple of days. if this occurs then you should start using OTC monistat to treat the infection which usually does settle down within 7 days at the most.

Another cause of the roughness can be simple hormonal changes which can occur in many women. Now this would usually occur in patients who are pre menopausal and if you are pre menopausal then it is possible that simple hormonal changes are the cause here. If so, then you can afford to wait another few days to see if this disappears which it should i 99% of the cases.

But usually roughness and bumps usually do indicate an infection which would be evaluated with the help of a pelvic examination and also with the help of several tests, these can include urine examination, urine culture as well as a high vaginal swab. For now i would advise that you observe the situation for the next 48 hours, if it doesnt improve or you develop any other symp***** *****ke urinary frequency, burning urination, bleeding, vaginal discharge, lower abdominal pain then go in to see your doctor for the above tests.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/