Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I am 29 years old, female. i have had a lot of work stress

Customer Question

hi there -- i am 29 years old, female. i have had a lot of work stress lately, and am prescribed xanax for panic attacks and to help sleep.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: i haven't been sleeping a lot or eating as regular as i should be. again, lots of work stress. but today i started feeling chest pains, a headache and numbness in the toes and fingers i have had the chest pains before and they were anixety elated but the numbess is new
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.

Numbness , racing heart , chest discomfort , lack pf sleep and hunger with feeling of tiredness all are the features of anxiety.

It would be ideal foe you to ask your dr that in addition to Xanax that will control acute anxiety , you should start Tan Citalopram 10 mg once at breakfast for long term anxiety control please .

This is nothing but anxiety .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid